I am dedicated to providing compassionate, thoughtful counseling, mediation and legal representation during life’s transitions. With a focus on the family’s emotional, financial and psychological well-being, I guide my clients during these unsettling and often stressful times to a more promising future with new possibilities. Whether you are concerned about parenting plans/child custody/access, child support, spousal maintenance, equitable distribution of assets, or prenuptial or postnuptial agreements, I am committed to obtaining the best possible outcome for you and your family.
After receiving my J.D. and completing a clerkship at the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, I began my career as an associate at Rosenman & Colin, a large New York City firm where I practiced business litigation and matrimonial law. Since that time, my practice has focused exclusively on matrimonial and family law.
In addition to my matrimonial practice, I have for the last fifteen years represented children in highly-contested custody matters. Having witnessed the devastating impact parental conflicts have on their children, I have shifted my practice towards mediation and collaborative law — where parents agree to refrain from exposing their children to the conflict, stresses and negativity inherent in the litigation process.
Whether my clients choose mediation, collaborative divorce or litigation, I encourage my clients to explore what matters most to them and meaningfully participate in the process so that we can achieve resolutions that best suit the family’s immediate and future needs.
- University of Michigan, B.A. (Psychology; 1993)
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D. (1997), Moot Court Honor Society
- New York Association of Collaborative Professionals
- National Association of Divorce Professionals
- Attorney for the Child Panel Certified by Appellate Division, Second Department
- Collaborative Divorce Interdisciplinary Training, New York
- Association of Collaborative Professionals, May 2017
- Mediation and Conflict Resolution Training, Center for Understanding and Conflict, December 2017
- Intensive Mediation Training, Center for Understanding in Conflict, June 2017
- Attorney for Child, Appellate Division, Second Department Annual Trainings from 2005-Present